Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day and Blog Bye Bye!

Today marks the one year anniversary of Nick being part of our family! YAY! It has been quite a year and we feel so blessed. Because Bill isn't home during the week days, we will have our family celebration when he comes home later this week. I am hoping to leave work early this afternoon so Nick and I can go for a special after school swim. Then we'll have a quiet dinner together, complete with chicken nuggets and cupcakes (two of his favorites!).

I thought I should post a picture from Gotcha Day last year and then one from this year to see how much Nick has changed.


Gotcha Day 2008 and 2009


I have been really bad about posting lately. I don't want to go into details but suffice it to say that it is the culmination of several stressful personal events that have taken my focus away this summer. The most obvious of which is our recent lifestyle change (Bill's job out of town). It's now been about two months since Bill started his new job (and he loves it) but we are still working through the transition with Nick.

Don't get me wrong, Nick is doing great and thriving, he just misses his Daddy. We talk on Skype almost every night and Nick gets to see Bill, which I think has helped alot. But he continues to cling to me in the mornings and act out when I pick him up. The other slightly upsetting side effect is that he has been really stingy with the hugs and kisses for me. I don't understand this but I'm sure a psychologist could tell me why.

I say all of this because I think its time that I close up the blog. It makes me sad because it has been so great, especially meeting all my bloggy friends out there, and I don't want to lose touch. I just don't think I can do it any more.

I don't know if anyone is even still reading this, but if you'd like to keep in touch, please email me and we can do the email thing, or FB (gasp!), although I've been pretty apathetic on FB too!

Its been fun and take care all!

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I always love seeing how much our little ones change in a year's time.

As for attachment, I think this is something that takes many, many years to overcome. I think any new circumstance (change in jobs, school, etc.) can all be setbacks for our children. Just know that you are not alone. We may not have the right advice, but we can always support you as you make choices and be cheerleaders for you along the way.

Please keep in touch with us via e-mail. We too are being more disconnected from blogland as we begin school and life post adoption. I'm not good at checking FB either, but e-mail anytime!!
russianfairytale (gmail)

Lots of love coming your way!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Gotcha Day! It's amazing how quickly the time passes. Have a great time celebrating! We will miss your blog but would love to keep up with you through FB. Will you email me your last name? I have an email button on my profile page.

Roger and Joanne said...

I've loved following you guys on the blog. I can't believe a year has gone by. I don't blame you...I feel at our 1 year I may already have decided to quit blogging then, too.
I agree with Carey...any changes can be setbacks.
Good luck with the transition and Bill's job!

Jenny and Randy said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Hope you have lots of fun celebrating this weekend! Isn't it crazy how quickly a year flies by?

I will miss your blog, but understand why you want to move on from it. I'll be thinking of you as you work through this transition and Nick's attachment. Please e-mail if you ever want to vent and get support from someone who has "been there" and is very much still there in many ways with our younger child.

And, since we are FB friends, I'll look forward to an occassional update or photo on there. :)

Troy and Rachel said...

I also understand the move away from the blog. Since I haven't gotten into facebook really, I think I'll keep blogging for now. Anyway - we'll kepp in touch - maybe a pumpkin patch this fall--take care!

Unknown said...

I'll miss hearing about your progress as a family! I'm glad it's going so well. I'd still love to get together.

Alicia