Friday, May 13, 2011

Almost Ready

Ok, blogger lost this post that was originally posted on Wednesday and now the end is gone, Boo!

I can hardly believe we leave in just 5 days for Moscow.  Wow, time has gone so quickly since we received our court date. 

We had just a few documents left when we returned from Moscow.  We needed our I-171H, FBI Clearances and updated medicals.  In the Moscow region medicals expire after 3 months so we had to go back to the doctors for updated physicals.  I don't know which is worse, the physicals or the fingerprints with their various expirations.

Anyway, we cut it a bit close on the updated medicals and didn't realize all our updated docs were expected at our agency last Friday.  We found this out on Wednesday and luckily we were on track to complete but it was still a bit stressful.

Other than the paperwork I have been spending a fair amount of time on the weekends shopping for the various gifts for those that have helped us in Russia.  We have the baby home director, doctor and caregivers, plus a donation to the baby home and then gifts for our agency staff in Russia.

I am a terrible shopper and not the best gift giver.  We were given some hints about what to buy which was helpful.  I ended up getting jewelry for the ladies.  I decided to go with pieces I might give to a friend and hopefully they will like them.  I bought one cute clutch handbag that is kind of dressy and very "in" right now, at least in the states.  Then for the caregivers I bought small travel sets with lotion, shampoo, body wash soap, loofah (or something like that).  For the baby home we were instructed to bring clothing.  I am happy to say we've got a duffle loaded up with new and gently used baby clothing so we're in good shape there.

Aside from preparing for court we have had Nick's 4th birthday and checkup.  Nick had a great doctors visit and was at about the 50th percentile for height and weight.  He was very good with the doctor, didn't call him any inappropriate names (like Yucky or Poopy) and he was able to do the eye chart with letters.  Yay.

If there is time I will post one more time before we leave.  Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I know you all must be so excited!! Sounds like you have the gifts in order and I thnk they'll love them! Choosing like you would for a friend is the best way to go!

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations! I had no idea you were adopting again! We couldn't be more excited for you and cannot wait to meet the newest member of your family!!

Blessings,

Carey