Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This Should Have Been Written 2 Weeks Ago!

It has been almost a month since I last blogged. I can't really explain the absence, except I just haven't felt like doing it. Similar to why I haven't been running on the recent cold, rainy mornings we've had lately. Enough excuses, I'll try to hit the highlights of the past few weeks.

I suppose the most exciting news is that Bill has a new job lined up! YAY Billy. This is really great news and we are both very thankful because its such a tough economy and its a job Bill is really excited about. There is just one catch, the job is in Maryland. So, the plan is that Bill will live in Maryland during the week and come home on the weekends. He has two friends from his former employer that are also going to be working at the same place so they will hopefully be able to get an apartment together. He is probably going to start in early June but they are still working out the details. We know that this will be tough on Nick. We're planning to contact our Social Worker to see if she has any advice on how to ease this upcoming transition.

Nick has been sick on and off for the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing too major, although early this week he had a 103 fever that didn't respond that well to Tylenol. He is on antibiotics now and doing much better. He is definitely sleeping more soundly and for this we are very happy!

Nick continues to grow like crazy and he is talking alot...we just don't know what he is saying. His appetite comes and goes, its frustrating but I have learned not to try to force it. If he doesn't want to eat, he isn't going to eat, it's very simple. The worst habit he has picked up and seems to be taking a long time to shake, is spitting. He is still spitting and he still thinks it is hilarious. We have tried many ways to try to break him of this habit, and they are working on it at school too. So far, nothing seems to be working. We'll keep plugging away.

We are preparing for Nick's second birthday, next Thursday, and then the following Wednesday is one year from the day we first met him. We have alot to celebrate in the upcoming weeks!

I'm going to close with some pictures from the Irish Festival we attended a few weeks ago. Nick got to experience a bounce house for the first time. He didn't bounce though, he just sat there, mesmerized. I'm hoping he'll be able to bounce at our neighborhood Spring festival in a few weeks. He also almost had his face painted, but didn't really like it so he had his hands painted instead. Bill got his face painted as well as a special bonus! The best part were the firetrucks. We spent a long time at the fire station, looking at the trucks and running around. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

What great pictures! Nick is absolutely adorable. Hard to believe he's going to be 2 soon. It looks like he had a great time at the festival.

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations Bill on the new job. We will be praying for your transition to traveling to Maryland and living away from home during the week.

Loved the new pictures of Nick and enjoyed all the festival pictures. How cute is that Irish t-shirt?

Roger and Joanne said...

Nick is certainly growing up. He looks so much older in these pics.
Congratulations on Bill's new job. I hope it all works out. He'll have to commute and it will be an adjustment, but all things tend to happen for a reason. It'll work out.
Thanks for the update.

Over-Caffeinated said...

I just happened across your blog for the first time, for some reason. I spent a long time reading all the way back to your first adoption trip. How are we "friends" with so many of the same bloggers and I have never found you? Anyway, do you have any idea where your son's family is from? I ask because he looks so much like my daughter. Obviously, they aren't "related", but wondered if he was of Uzbek heritage too.

I enjoyed "getting to know you."

Cherai said...

Hey Meg. Glad to hear about Bill's new job! It's awesome that he found something so quickly! Nick is growing so much. it's awesome.
I'm going to meet my niece next week - so excited. I'm starting a "Visit Miya" fund so that I can see her when I want to. ;-) A weekend visit will cost $500 on average so....gotta have that money saved up! Talk to you soon, my friend.

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats to Bill on the new job! I hope it works out well. We'll be praying for Nick's transition and yours too!!

Looks like Nick enjoyed the festival!

EJB said...

Happy Birthday Nick!! Your Illinois family loves you and misses you!

Love,
Kiki and Chris

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congrats to Bill on the new job! Nick is so cute! Happy Birthday to him! :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi,

I am new to your blog but had to say Hi and leave a comment. Nick is so adorable!! I hope he had a Happy 2nd birthday! Congratulations on the new job for Bill!

Adrienne
mommy to Owen, adopted from Vladivostok, Russia 06/07