Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring All! I've always been a fan of spring, but this spring has been extra special because of all the things we have to celebrate!

We had a fun Easter weekend. We colored Easter Eggs on Saturday afternoon, well...Bill did. Nick wasn't really that into it, but Bill did a fabulous job! On Easter morning Nick had a fun time finding his Easter basket and all the goodies inside. He was very distracted by both the chocolate and the bubbles. Which to pursue? More bubbles or more chocolate. This is one of the really hard decisions Nick has had to make recently! We spent the afternoon of Easter at my sister Jill's house with my nephews, Jill's mother in law, and my Dad and Gretel. We had a really nice time eating great food, relaxing and watching the Masters. Here are a few shots of our spiffy little guy on Easter!



Nick's birthday was later in the week and we began the day with a special waffle breakfast. Nick spent all day with Bill and then we went out to Red Robin for dinner with a small group of friends. Have y'all ever been to a Red Robin? I had only been there for lunch before and didn't realize they would have a big lifesize Red Robin there to greet the kids. Not a big deal, right? Oh, no, no, no. Poor little Max who was with us was quite traumatized by the big red bird. I wasn't sure he was going to make it to the table but he eventually did. He did spend most of dinner under the table, but he ended up having an OK time, poor guy. I was just thankful that Nick wasn't afraid of the bird as well! The servers serenaded Nick with their Birthday song and of course I didn't have the camera ready (bad mom!) and they brought him a sundae which he absolutely loved. Every time he took a bite of the ice cream his eyes would get really big and he would kind of shake his head, it was pretty funny.





On Saturday we attended our neighborhood Spring Festival which included an Egg Hunt, Moon Walks, Face Painting and a Petting Zoo. The Egg Hunt was hilarious. Nick was way more interested in watching all the other kids pick up eggs than to pick up eggs of his own. I was finally able to convince him to put some eggs in his basket and he kind of got the hang of it but then he was more interested in opening the eggs than finding more eggs. I think it was really overwhelming for him. We keep telling ourselves that next year at the ripe age of 3, he will really be into all this stuff, we shall see!



After the egg hunt we stood in line for the Moon Walk because at the Irish festival Nick had gone in so we thought for sure he would want to do it here. Not so much. We waited in line for about 10 minutes and by the time it came to actually go in, he would have nothing to do with it! We knew he wouldn't do the face painting so we headed for the petting zoo. In the end, he really just wanted to run around the amphitheater.


After the Spring Festival Bill's family came in from Northern Virginia and we started the 2nd celebration of Nick's birthday. I think I'll save that for my next post because this one is getting really long!
Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Roger and Joanne said...

What a happy go lucky little guy. Such cute pictures, too! Yea...I think the older they get the more fun they'll have in experiencing these crazy rituals/games we do.

Peg said...

Boy...that will be a week that's hard to top!!!

He looks so happy and is clearly having a pretty good time of it.

I can't wait to see pictures from his birthday.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Nick looks so cute in his little Easter sweater, and it looks like he loved the egg hunt! Happy Birthday to Nick!

Ron and Dinia said...

What a cutie!

Happy Birthday Nick!

Jenny and Randy said...

Nick is such a handsome little guy, and looks so happy! Looking forward to the birthday pics -- hope he had a good one!

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry I haven't commented on this post yet. I know I've read it, but I guess I either didn't hit send when I typed a comment or it was one of the days at work which I was browsing the new posts without leaving comments.

Anyway, love all the photos of Nick. He looks so cute in his sweater vest. I'm glad he had a great birthday and no, I didn't know that Red Robin has a bird there at dinner time. I've only been there at lunch too.

We will be in the Outer Banks next week. I sent you an e-mail. I'd love to meet while there, if possible!

Hope to see you soon!