Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nick's 2nd Birthday!

When I last blogged, over one month ago, I had every intention of blogging about Nick's birthday in a matter of days. Now, more than 30 days have passed and I'm finally getting back to business.

We had a really fun day celebrating Nick's birthday with family and friends. Everyone came over to the house for a cookout and party. In the end we had more than 40 guests, which in the past would have been no problem. But now, with one of us taking care of Nick the whole time, this was quite the undertaking. One thing I wasn't expecting was that Nick would want me to hold him continuously for the first hour (at least, it may have gone on for 90 minutes). I should have realized he would have this reaction to all the hubbub, but I didn't.

The good news is that my friend Anne brought a Nascar Bubble Car that Nick adored and that provided endless entertainment. We also broke out the bubble mower, singing mower and various other toys with bubbles!


Nick also got to spend time with his new friend Harper, who was not only adorable, but did her fair share of mowing the yard!
We had a Thomas cake because he is Nick's favorite, and Nick enjoyed the sugar high!



Above Nick is enjoying the icing on his "2".

Happy Birthday Nick!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Nick!!!

Jenny and Randy said...

Hope Nick had a great birthday! Judging by that smile on his face in the first photo, it looks like he did. The party looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Nick!

It was so fun visiting with you in NC. I was so glad that we planned our vacations for the same week! I just love meeting my blog friends! There is just a shared bond that those who haven't adopted cannot understand.

Happy Memorial Day!

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Nick! Love the cake and I don't blame you a bit for licking the icing off the candle!!

Shane & Marie said...

Happy birthday Nick! He is such a doll.