Friday, June 13, 2008

Blogging is Hard!

If anyone is still out there trying to find out what is going on with our adoption I apologize for being such a lax blogger. Putting my thoughts down on paper has been alot harder than I thought it would be. Good thing I didn't follow through on my childhood dream of being a writer. Something tells me that wouldn't have worked out too well for me.

So, the latest is that there is no latest. We have no news, no court date, no flight plans, no last minute scurrying around to figure out what outfits to bring and what books to pack. We are still waiting, and I've lost my mind. Now most folks that know me would hopefully say I'm pretty level headed and even-keeled (mainly). Well, mild-mannered Meghan has been replaced with court date crazed Meghan. What has happened is that we have passed the point that I expected to receive our date (6/6). This has caused much internal stress which is manifesting itself as a generally irritated and surly demeanor to everyone I cross paths with. Its not pretty and unfortunately I think I am at my most irritable while at work. Sorry to all my coworkers, hopefully this phase will pass soon. The other good option would be that we get our date soon and I can get on with worrying about other things like what I'm going to feed a 15 month old.

We have heard from our agency that we are the next family to get scheduled for court. I don't really know what this means. Are we the next family in the world, are we the next family from our Agency, its hard to say. We got this nugget of information on Tuesday (6/10). I pinned all my hopes for a date on Wednesday and since we didn't hear Wednesday, Thursday (6/12) is a Russian holiday and I believe Friday is a vacation day for most. So, now maybe we'll hear next week. I've set a recent record of not contacting our agency for 3 whole days. I'm sure our case worker is glad about that. I suspect I'll start in early Monday. No, I take it back, I'm really going to try to be calm about it.

So, thats it, all I know. My next post will be happy and will focus on all the fun things that have been going on recently to help us prepare for our kiddo's homecoming!

1 comment:

Cherai said...

Hey Meghan.
Hang in there, my friend. Your little one will be home before you know it. It's so great to hear from you. we really do need to catch up again. my personal email is cmlewis.enteract@rcn.com so email me with your info and we'll start to catch up. Hugs to you. Cherai