Tuesday, June 17, 2008

May Showers bring June Court Dates, Right?

I know thats not how it goes, but I can dream can't I. Ok, this isn't supposed to be about Court Dates, its about showers! We were very fortunate to have had 2 toddler showers last week. One we knew about ahead of time, the other was a surprise...mainly.

The first shower was hosted by my sister Jill and Bill's sister Mary. It was at Jill's home, where many of you know, Bill and I were married. We've had alot of good times there! Anyway, the day began with Mary driving down here, picking me up and we headed to Jills. Those of you that know Mary know that she loves cooking, putting parties on, and entertaining. The larger the scale, the better. She really should start a catering business. And Jill is no slouch either, a gourmet cook, accomplished artist, talented decorator, of course the house looked awesome. The shower theme was Jungle, in honor of the nursery, and everything was just adorable. The food was amazing and I think everyone really enjoyed the afternoon. Lots of my local pals attended and it was really nice to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with everyone. Thank you everyone for all the fabulous gifts. We needed 3 cars to get everything back to the house!







After the shower, Mary, my friend Maria (from Va Beach) and Anne returned to the house for a girls night. Mary's friend Melissa also joined us for a late night (2 am!) of girl talk, eating, drinking, chatting, etc., with various pop-ins from Bill. It was a great weekend and thank you to everyone that made it happen. Bill and I really appreciate it.


The second shower was given by my co-workers. It was pretty funny, the intent was for it to be a surprise. But, about 5 minutes before it started, one of the men that I work with came by and asked if today was "my lunch thing". I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. As far as I knew we were having a going away lunch for one of my team members. He said he'd go check his calendar, huh?! So, a few minutes later one of my team came and asked me if I had a minute to chat. We headed toward my bosses office and...surprise... in his office was a party. We had lunch, watched the Wiggles, opened gifts and had cake. It was very sweet of everyone and among other things our kiddo received his first sandals, sunglasses and most importantly, the first of many...a UVA Teeshirt! Go HOOS! Wahoo Wa!


Thanks to all my CC buddies, you guys are the best!

3 comments:

Megan K. said...

Meghan & Bill,
This is the hardest part of the process, the wait between visits. Nicholas is now in your heart and you are ready to hold him in your arms all the time. Everyone can tell you the time will fly by, but I know it does not feel like it from where you are sitting (comfortable as that beautiful rocking chair is!!) You guys are doing the right things, preparing Nicholas's space, spending time with friends and family, and spending time with each other. Meghan, you are an insightful, perceptive, and generous writer and we are all the richer for the honor of sharing this journey with the two of you. Keep up your spirits and, as others have said, hold on to each other. Love and blessings to you both from a couple of veterans of the process! Megan & Jeff Karass (adopted Yana, an 11-year old girl from Krasnodar, Russia July, 2001)

Children's Hope International said...

What a cute cake! This is wishing you a speedy court date. Welcome to the Children's Hope blogroll!

Jennifer N.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hi Meghan and Bill!
So glad to find your blog and to see all of the preparations you've made for your little one. We're a CHI family, too--a bit behind you in the process, and tired of waiting. Thank you for sharing your journey with us--any our prayers for you for a speedy court date!