Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To the Beach!

I thought I should post a quick comment for anyone out there still reading!

Nick and I are in the Outer Banks this week and I'm going to try to post later in the week but I can't promise anything. Bill will come down later in the week and then I will have more time.

I will say that trying to pack for a week long trip, for a toddler and adult, with all the toddler stuff required, while said toddler is awake is not easy! We had about a 3.5 hour drive and Nick did great. It was the first time he fell asleep in his car seat and he didn't get fussy until the very end of the drive! YAY. He's such a great boy.

We are having a great time! We have a gorgeous ocean view from the deck of the house and Nick loves being out there, watching the ocean (huge waves), and feeling the wind (its very windy this week). I don't think there will be any ocean swimming this week, but maybe a dip in the pool, which I think Nick views as one big bathtub. Hopefully it won't be too cold to take him in. I think he's going to love it, despite his feelings about his wading pool (not that excited about it).

Have a great week all!

3 comments:

amy said...

I would give anything to be out OBX, our favorite place to vacation!!!

Bill and Francine said...

We're still reading, eagerly. Hope to see some good pictures of Nick at the beach, of course Grandpa Gemmill is concerned about the weater.

Carrie said...

OH I hope you have lots of fun! My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach.