Monday, March 21, 2011

Someone Pinch Me!

Today I received a very surprising phone call from our agency asking whether we could get ourselves prepared to travel next Saturday!  Yes, less than one week away.  I didn't even know we could get Visas that fast.  But as I'm sure many of you know, it is possible.

So, after tearing up just a little bit, I pulled myself together and called Bill to tell him the news.  I couldn't get in touch with him immediately so I tried to concentrate on work.  After what seemed like an eternity I finally had a chance to talk to Bill.  The most important piece of this puzzle was to ensure that we had a good plan for Nick's care while we're gone.  Bill's mom and dad graciously offered to come stay with Nick, so with the main concern under control we were good to go.

I called our agency to let them know we would be able to make it happen.  Our director told us to hold off on making any arrangements until she sent the official dates.  An hour or so later we received the dates and then the Visa Application process began.  Those forms are soooo tedious.  It took at least 2 hours to fill them out and get everything ready to go.  But, we were able to pull everything together and get it all fed ex'd to the Visa expeditors.  I'm glad to have that done, hopefully we didn't make and mistakes in the paperwork.

For the past few hours we have been researching flights and accomodation options.  I think we finally have it all straight!  I am so excited but there is still so much to do before we go.

Nick starts soccer this Saturday and we still need to get some of the gear for that.  In addition, his birthday party is the weekend after we come home which means I need to get the cake ordered before we go.  We also need to purchase some things for the trip, get doctors lined up, special money, and I'm sure a million other things I haven't thought of.

I will try to post again later on this week with an update but wanted to quickly share this great news!

Happy Monday All! 

4 comments:

John and Lee said...

amazing. i look forward to following your journey. i can't believe how quick this happened for you guys. safe travels.

Tracey and Chuck said...

Wow...how exciting...but that is quick to travel! Looking forward to following your journey!

Rebecca said...

Wow! That's great!! Can't wait to read all about your trip.

Carrie said...

So exciting!!! I know you are feeling overwhelmed but it will all fall into place - it always does!! Can't wait to hear more about you trip!!