Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Progress and Making the Time Go By

The list making has officially begun and progress is being made. I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks we'll be in Russia. I am so excited! The fact that we're so close to finally becoming parents and expanding our family is surreal to me.

Preparations for the trip are underway. We have plane tickets, an apartment for 3 weeks, a house/Abby/Chloe sitter (Thanks Sam!), doctors appointments rescheduled (I had originally made appointments for our little one for the end of July...wishful thinking), a preliminary packing list and a list of items we still need (happy shopping).

Other than the trip planning, we have one document that expires the day before we go to court. Yes, the day before. So, tomorrow or Thursday I'll be trekking down to the Sec of State office to have this final document apostilled. Good times...and whats funny is they now know us down there. Bill took something a few weeks ago and they said that I had just been in and asked about our progress. Funny. I think we'll definitely take a picture and thank you note down there once we're home.

We are also trying to have some fun, relax and spend time with friends. We had a rousing game of Killer Bunnies on Saturday night at Mike and Arletts house. I actually won, which was totally unexpected and random, but a nice surprise nevertheless. On Sunday afternoon I had brunch with a few college sorority sisters, Lois, Christine and Marsha. It was really fun and as always there was alot of laughter, especially when Marsha pulled out the pictures from back in the day!

Aside from that, I just found what appears to be a leak from the back of the dishwasher to the other side of the breakfast bar where I am sitting right now so I better go and try to figure out what is happening!

More later.

3 comments:

Stephanie and Dennis said...

Bill & Megan,
I can only say how happy I am that you are on your way to Russia to get your little one. I wish you all the best!!!!

Good Luck!
Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Eric & Becky said...

Bill & Megan,
Congratulations to you both. I can't imagine how wonderful it is to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. We just got our call to meet our three children in Vlad. I am waiting to hear today what our travel dates will be. Have a wonderful and safe trip.
Sincerely,
Becky Pitman

Unknown said...

Meghan & Bill-
Very happy to hear that things are moving forward! Best wishes for a safe and joyful trip.
Tony