Thursday, July 10, 2008

YAY...We Got the Call

Yes, its true! We got the call to inform of us of our court date around noon today. YAY!!! We aren't sure exactly when we leave but it will be on or around July 28th, Court is July 31st and we should head back home with our little guy around August 18th.

I was at work when we got the call and to tell the truth, not doing well at all. The bottom line is that I had pretty much hit the wall this week. You might think to yourself, it seemed like she hit the wall about a month ago, and you would be correct. But, I hit it again, and harder. Really, it was not pretty. I had gotten sooooo frustrated with the lack of information we were getting, it was just eating me up inside. The logical side of me could not make sense of everything and I was looking for answers where there weren't any.

It was such a relief to hear that we're actually scheduled. At first I didn't believe it. So, after I pinched myself a few times I tried to call Bill, but he wasn't at his desk. I was really bummed about that. I eventually got in touch with him and he was thrilled with the news as well. I spent a few hours wrapping up a project and then set out to take care of the paperwork for the replacement Visas.

We are both really excited about the news and the first thing I'm doing after updating the blog is to make some lists!

I'm really going to try to be good about updating regularly on the prep for the second trip. Hopefully I'll have an update soon!

7 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Hooray!!!! I can't wait to hear more!! I know you must be so relieved and thrilled at the same time!! Congratulations!

Michele in Seattle said...

Meg
I hadn't logged in a while, so what a great day to check--I am so thrilled for you and Bill on your wonderful news!

Megan K. said...

Meghan and Bill, I was here at the office when Bill got your call! He was so excited and we are all so excited for both of you!! Yahooooo!! The next step of the journey begins! I couldn't even wait for you to blog the news I just wanted to let you know how thrilled and relieved I am for you guys, so I wrote this last night but somehow couldn't post it correctly, so here it is now!! Best to all of you and come home safe and soon! Megan and Jeff Karass

Joel and Clarion said...

How fantastic!!! We are so excited for you guys. It gives us so much to look forward to knowing that you guys will be "blogging" from Russia soon. I hope all the preparations go smoothly and you are on your way. Blessings as you head back to Russia!

Cherai said...

I am so excited for you! This is fabulous! Congratulations!

Lori said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see him! Please post pic's ASAP!
I will keep you all on our prayers for a safe and easy trip. God Bless, Lori

kim said...

YIPEE!!!! What a relief to have things in motion again.
I am praying for all 3 of you. Keep us "posted"!

(If you need some advise about that achilles tendon, I know a pretty good physical therapist.......)

Love, Kim