Thursday, August 14, 2008

Counting the Days

Once again, we are both quite tired so this will probably be short...I will supplement with pictures, since I haven't posted any since Tuesday.

Last night went pretty well I think. Nick slept from 7:15 until 5:45, which we were very happy with. He does move around his bed quite a bit, flopping here and there. He woke up in pretty good spirits too.

We did the normal morning routine and by about 8:15 Nick started showing signs of needing to sleep. At the baby home he napped from 9:30 - 11:00 each day. We were being picked up for our daily tasks at 10:00, so we decided to try to get him to nap from 8:30 - 9:45 or so. To our surprise he actually fell asleep fairly quickly and got his morning ZZZZ's.

At 10 we were picked up by our translator and driver. We went to get more passport pictures of Nick (the first ones weren't right or something, who knows). Anyway, Nick did great for the picture and then we waited around to get copies of various documents. We headed back to the apartment around 11am.

If anyone out there needs an entrepreneurial idea, mine is to start a chain of copy shops (ala kinkos, but on a very small scale - size wise). From what we have seen it is difficult to find a place to make copies and when you do they are actually kind of expensive. We actually have access to a copier in our apartment. Alas, our agency didn't tell us what copies were needed for today, so we paid to have them made in the basement of some random building near the Embassy.

The afternoon was ok, but I failed to get Nick to go down for his afternoon nap. By 5pm he seemed to be headed for a major meltdown so we tried to draw out dinner, bath and bedtime as late as possible. He fell asleep around 7:00. So, its probably another early morning for us tomorrow.

On the eating front, so far so good. Nick has eaten everything we've put in front of him which is a blessing, I'm sure it will change. But its one less thing to worry about now.

Thats about it. Have I mentioned lately how much I want to go home. I do. We miss everyone and can't wait to be home! Now for some pictures.




2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Crazy to think a visa photo didn't turn out right. I thought that was just me being picky when I didn't like mine :o) I enjoyed all the photos. Nic seems to be doing well and adjusting to his new surroundings and schedule.

I know you are ready to start your journey home.

Troy and Rachel said...

Great pics of your cutie! Hang in there - you're almost home!