Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nihao: The Snappy Roundup

Somehow I've managed to see way too much of the Olympics on Eurosport where they have "a snappy roundup" of the previous days highlights every morning called "Nihao". Todays blog will be "a snappy roundup" of today's activities in our little world.

To kick it off, today is my brother Tim's birthday so before I forget, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day.

The little cutie pie was up again at 5am, or maybe 5:15 this morning. That is just way too early but what are you gonna do. When the guy is awake, he's awake. We did the normal morning routine. Nick is such a good little eater so he had a really good breakfast and then we headed out around 8:15 to walk to Red Square for some photos. It was a great morning. We had a nice walk and its pretty quiet around this town (1) in the morning before 10am (2) on weekends in the summer.

Red Square was beautiful this morning, although St. Basils was backlit. So, the traditional adoption family photo didn't go quite as planned (and the backlighting had little to do with the pictures I took since you can't see it in the first place!). Plus, Nick was slightly fussy by the time we got there. We took a few of Bill and Nick, and myself with Nick and then called it a day, at least for picture taking. I'm hoping to get back down there on Tuesday to get some pictures of the three of us.

We were hungry and wanted a break so we stopped at McDonalds for breakfast on the way home. My goodness, it was a madhouse! Bill found a table outside and entertained Nick while I went in to order breakfast. It took a good 15 minutes for me to make my way to the front of the line. As I waited I tried to figure out what they call a sausage McMuffin with egg and cheese. I could read the translation of McMuffin, which is basically McMuffin, but I couldn't get the rest. I think I did ok, all in all. And, it really hit the spot.

Nick took 2 naps today which was great. I think he has an internal clock that won't let him sleep more than 1.5 hours during the day. Its quite amazing really. I'm just glad he's sleeping.

We have introduced Nick to the Wiggles. My work buddies gave him "Pop Go the Wiggles" and he really loves it. We have done it once a day for the past 4 days and he is really starting to get into it. He will do his signature "Jazz Hands" for the songs he really likes. Its very cute. They are growing on me too. They don't creep me out as much as they did the first time I saw them.

Tonight we went to dinner with Ron and Dinia, Brandy and Coby, and Michelle. We went back to Gogul Mogul (Yummy!). It was Ron and Dinia's last night in Moscow, and how special to be able to spend it with them. I can't really express how wonderful these folks are. We feel very lucky to have met them before they leave Moscow. I really hope Dinia will continue her blog so that all the families they have touched can keep up with how they are.

It was also Brandy and Coby's first night back in Russia. They are heading to court later on this week, Congratulations! Michelle is picking up her daughter later this week after waiting the 10 days! We had a great dinner of Chicken and Spinach (I'm pretty sure everyone at the table had the same entree) and strawberry blinis for dessert.

Nick was really good at dinner. We were not sure how he would do with all the people but he was great. He was engaging and flirting with all the ladies and he also was trying to give Coby his cheerios. He'd give them then take them back, but this is what he does! Nick had his dinner while we were there (which I'm glad we brought) and really kept it together amazingly well especially considering that we were out for about 3 hours total between dinner and the stop at the grocery afterwards.

Its about 11pm now and Nick is sleeping and his Dad is sleeping on the couch next to me as I blog. I suppose I should wrap this one up so we can get some sleep. Here are a few pictures from today. Very disappointed that in my St. Basils picture of Nick and Bill, you can't see St. Basils. I was having issues apparently. We'll try to get some better pictures later this week. Brandy might be able to help us with that!

Have a good week all!



2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I enjoyed the photos. So glad you were able to have dinner with Ron and Dinai before they left Moscow. I know they helped many of our fellow blog friends during their visits.

Your sightseeing excursions looked fun and warm compared to our trip to St. Basil. I also enjoyed seeing all the flowers near the Kremlin.

Christa said...

Ooooh, Gogul Mogul. Yummy. I am glad you were able to share with Ron and Dinia's last night in Russia!

Christa